COMMUNITY BUILDING & ENGAGEMENT (CB & E)
WORKING WITH RESIDENT LEADERS
GO-HNI seeks to engage neighborhood residents of the greater Oshkosh, WI area, empower them to be leaders in managing neighborhood issues, and to participate fully in determining the future of their neighborhoods. 2021 CB&E Funding Application
OUR STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS WORK CLOSELY WITH RESIDENT LEADERS TO:
- Sponsor community building events where residents can meet, have fun, build trust and social capital in the neighborhood;
- Sponsor special resident-led projects to improve physical conditions in the neighborhood;
- Provide technical assistance, tools, and resources to existing and emerging neighborhood associations;
- Develop resident leadership education curriculum and sponsor workshops to expand the leadership skills in our partner neighborhoods; and
- Partner with residents, neighborhood groups, and community institutions to identify and implement special neighborhood initiatives aimed at improving the quality of life in our neighborhoods.
- Track volunteer hours as a measurement of community engagement.